How many times have you found an unsightly juice or popsicle stain on your carpet? If you’re like most parents, it happens more than once during the summer. Luckily, removing popsicle and juice stains from carpet is not very difficult or labor intensive and can be done with household materials.
Things you’ll need
- Spray bottle
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Carpet brush or toothbrush
- Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water. Mix well.
- Spray the stained carpet with the mixture so that the carpet is damp, not wet.
- Let the mixture sit for 10-15 minutes – no longer than 30 minutes.
- Spray the stain with some water and use a toothbrush or carpet brush to scrub the mixture.
- Use a damp sponge to scrub/blot the rest of the stain out of the carpet (rinse the sponge a few times to ensure you’re scrubbing with a clean sponge)
** Professional attention may be needed for shag or other long-strand carpets.